Ever taken a bus when it was so crowded that when you want to board the bus the bus driver doesn't let you? Ever wondered why this will happen? "Oh my public transports are so popular nowadays and more and more people are taking it!" That's true. But ever considered how can everyone be in this particular bus at that particular time? Just your luck? I guess not. During peak hours, the front of the bus tends to look very full, and you'll be so afraid that you might not get on board. When you take a peep at the back, oh my gosh it's so empty! What is this? Is it very hard to follow instructions, to just move to the rear? I don't think so. As I was in a particularly crowded bus just now, I was thinking of the possibilities that people won't move to the rear.
"I getting down soon what so why move behind for what? Later kana stuck then mahuan."
"Behind too squeezy, not comfortable."
"When people sitting down behind wants to get out, you must keep adjusting yourself to allow him/her to push their way through to alight. So irritating."
What I feel is that if you do not move to the rear and just stand at the exit door area, its worse. Think about it. People wants to alight, and there you are happily standing right in front of the exit door, waiting for your stop to arrive. Alighting passengers will push all they can to alight. At every stop the same thing happens. See what I mean? So just follow instructions and move to the rear. SBS and TIBS didn't come up with this for nothing. Same goes to the mrt. Just move to the centre. Is it very hard? All I know is that there are alot of lame Singaporeans around. They just can't move.