It's been a long time since I blogged. 1 1/2 weeks? Yup. But some things just came across my mind and I think it's good thing that it comes across my mind. It should, to you too.
Ever wondered what is a blog truly for? To become famous? To let people know of your life? Or merely a discussion board? To think that nowadays, blogging has been becoming a hot thing to do among youth, since we are all overwhelmed by the love of going online, chatting, surfing the net (without the board). Alot of our time are wasted on this. Well, I still think it's a joy to do this. Back to the main issue. Why do we talk about our lives? Do people really want to know about our lives? At times it is rather interesting to know about stuff that we do not know. But to inform people of your whole daily routine life is kinda weird. I have done that before. That's why I feel weird too. It is also good to have a blog to discuss about stuff. Rather interesting. Not everyone will feel the same way as me though. Everyone will have their own preferences. So it's better not to comment further.
I was eagerly waiting for the results of the football scandal that involved Juventus, AC Milan, Fiorentina and Lazio in Italy. Although I didn't pay much attention to it last year when it first happened, the whole world seemed to be talking about it before the World Cup has started. Right now I'm just glad AC Milan managed to avoid the drop. And them being the only club out of the 4 to avoid the drop, they were hit hard by the deduction of points in last season's table.
Knowing of these scandals made me thought of the meaning of soccer. Is it just about winning? To the extent that you have to bribe referees? Soccer was created for the enjoyment of the game itself. The players play for pride, the fans cheer for their favourite team and at the same time enjoy the beautiful game. That IS the ideal world of soccer. However, in reality things are totally different. One great example: soccer betting. You bet on a team, praying for life's sake that the team you bought will win and then you earn the money. When you lose you curse the team. Is soccer all about money? It is true that now more people watch soccer, but most watch because they have placed bets. The beautiful game is not so beautiful after all.