<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://draft.blogger.com/navbar/9546925?origin\x3dhttp://leeyiwei.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
{10:55 PM}
Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Thank you Megan for talking to me. I just wanted to find out. It is hard you know?

Had a very long talk with Megan yesterday (okay not very long) on the phone and I'm sorry that your phone batt had to die out. =X Talked about some stuff, but more importantly, she told me to continue doing QT, which got me thinking, and in no way is this coincidental. Is there really a need for QT? It was just last saturday when Eric was briefing us about the upcoming sec 1 lessons when he came across a topic on QT and he asked us, if we don't do QT, does that mean we're not Christians? Of course the answer is no. So why do you not want to communicate to God? I find it very hard to understand. Yes I do pray like almost everyday before going to sleep, but Megan kept emphasising that we have to read the Bible. Well, I for one don't really read the Bible that often, and because of that, somehow it seems that God has not spoken to me much. I mean of course God speaks to us in many ways, and I've heard Him before, yet I still don't have the discipline to do QT. Struggling. Everyday you just have a certain schedule to follow, and QT is not in it! It just seems real sad. I can say all these now, but I'm still guilty of not converting all these "know what" to actions. I'm sure many out there would understand how I feel.

I somehow managed understand a little about reading the Bible. If we do not read it, it's like you talking to another person that you love, be it a family member, a friend, a buddy, and that person just doesn't even look at you, and shuts his/her ears and walk away while you're speaking. That's how I view us not reading the Bible, and yet I'm still guilty.

Flipped through the newspaper and read about the upcoming Singtel Singapore Grand Prix (somehow so many people pronounces prix as pricks, but to correct all, it should be pree) and how Bernie Ecclestone was so upbeat about this night race on Sep 28th. Definitely another major step to Singapore being a Sports-based country. Really excited to see Raikkonen and co driving past the likes of Suntec and Esplanade. One major setback would be the amount of electricity used in the floodlights. If I remembered correctly, they were going to use about 200,000 floodlights for the night race that day. But they've assured all that they will do their best to conserve, they mentioned it before but forgot how they gonna do it. Headlines in The Straits Times:


Ecclestone on Singapore GP:

It feels like MAGIC!
It has incredible infrastructure!
It might be better than Monaco!


In case some of you who don't know, Monaco is the only other city that holds a street race instead of a circuit.

The route for Singapore GP
(The red building would be the floating area beside esplanade where we had our NDP 07, it runs through it. So cool!)


departure
Shawn Lee
20+
071088


au revoir
buddy
daena
hazelnutted
huiqing
joash
megan
rafidah
winnie
yipeng


momentary
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
July 2009

Credits
clara | anxiety image