The upcoming release of the A level results has led me to recall vaguely last year this time when I went back to school to collect my own A level slip.
The principal walks up to stage and with a huge grin on her face she exclaimed, "
Congratulations my students! You have done us real proud. All the hard work that you've put in during the past few months have finally paid off. I'm just so happy for you all. 1st of all I would like all of you to thank all your teachers for the hard work and effort that the teachers have put in. And of course a pat on the back for all of you for doing so well."
At this time she called for those who scored straight As to be recognised. I just sat there clapping, not really interested in anything else other than my own results. Also I was thinking to myself
are you sure our school did that well? You better don't talk nonsense man. If I don't score well then you're just making yourself happy.It was only after about 1/2 hr that we were split to our classes to collect our results. All the boys just quickly rush to the back of the line, too afraid and nervous to even think of looking at our Civics Tutor. Slowly but surely, it came to me and I just gave my teacher a blank look, but she smiled at me. I thought I did well but when she said
you did very well for maths. Congratulations. Your sciences were not up to standard. What happened? I didn't really heard what she said, cause I was still trying to make sure I was seeing the right thing. I looked at my GP, and my whole spirit was lifted. I thought I'd fail. Slowly downwards I looked, and then it got more saddening. But thankfully I was able to accept it. Then the kpo spirit took in and I quickly walked around in search of people to share some joy.
This experience is once in a lifetime. Although I always say that I should have gone to poly, I'm glad that I am able to go through this. It's cool. =) To all taking their results, all the best, esp to my buddy! =) The rest of you don't try to take my place in the university.