I went for my medical checkup again yesterday. For my eyes duh! (For those who still don't know, I have keratoconus, you can google or wiki it, I don't really bother) Everything went normally, with the doctor checking my eyes with the hard contact lens and stuff, until she talked to me about this operation. I was kind of surprised at first. I never intended to go through any form of operation right now, but oh well, just let her explain it.
Cross-linking treatment. You can google/wiki it also. (and if you understand pls explain to me) No one in Singapore has done it, over 1000 cases done in Europe. This operation is to prevent the affected eye from becoming worse, and also giving it a slight chance to improve the eyesight. So what's the harm/risks? I forgot the 1st risk, but it has got to do with the thin layer of stuff in the eye, and 2ndly cataract. So here I am, thinking of what to expect in the next few days, there was my mother, sitting beside me telling me to go for this treatment, and there was the doctor, telling me its going to be alright and take my time to think it through. So now, Tuesday I have to go back to do some checkup to see if my eye is suitable for the treatment. Apparently she said that the cornea has to have a certain thickness in the layer before it can be treated. Any thinner and its busted.
I've always hoped my eye could be healed one day. Sometimes I forget all about it, but sometimes I desperately call out to God for help. But so far nothing has been changed. I'm hoping this thing could be a start to some turn of events.
Should I go for the op??? Well for now its not up to me to say though.